Skip to main content
Asked a question 2 years ago

What is the difference between Hand Sanitiser gel and liquid?

Where am I?

In Sublime Life you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Hand Sanitiser is used to kill micro-organisms & germs of the hands while also preventing the spread of germs from one hand to the next.

Both Liquid & Gel formulations have similar % of Alcohol in it which makes both gel & liquid equally effective against infection.

Liquid sanitisers tend to act more rapidly (roughly 15 seconds) as it dries faster but can make the hands feel dry & rough. The liquid is best dispensed out of spray bottle & can be a good option to clean your phone, keys, steering wheels & door handles and other surfaces that may become contaminated through contact.

Gel sanitiser takes roughly 20-25 seconds to dry but is usually contains Glycerin & other emollients to make the hands feel softer & Moisturised. The gel makes an excellent choice for keeping your hands clean throughout the day. Easy to dispense & Keep at hand, in your car purse and even around your home.

I prefer gel formulations to sanitise my hands and liquid formulations to sanitiser surfaces and order shipments, also I think gel formulations last longer than liquid hand sanitiser.